What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

avionics panel

dspender

Well Known Member
Patron
Planning the panel. Are there options for panels I can consider other than the Aerosport products?

Stein has/had a 3 section panel that is not as fancy as the Aerosport, and not as plain as Van's.

Jim Berry
RV-10

panel choices...

Greetings!

I used a three part panel. I wanted the ability to remove panel sections to do maintenance.

Affordable panels made my three part panel. http://www.affordablepanels.com/

UpNorth aviation

http://www.upnorthaviation.com

cut the holes and also makes this panel.

I'm real happy.

2cogbbc.jpg

Vans stock panel

and a little sprucing up on the bottom end, a fiberglass cover rounding off
the lower curves and leveling the step from the panel to the cross brace.
As to access and panel removal, not to worry, remove a couple of glass displays, four screws each and gain enough access to get 2 hands with tools, a light and a set of eyeballs behind the panel from the comfort of your seat.
Of course you can spend money and get a really professional looking carbon fiber cockpit, the choice is yours.

IMG_1864.JPG

IMG_2568.JPG

RV10 Panel

Ditto what the last guy said.

I used the standard panel and did the layout and cutting myself.

24qtzk2.jpg

my panel

This is my panel in our RV10. I used Vans standard panel and cut it so I can take either the left or right half out separately like an Affordably panel. When I recently removed the XM receiver and installed the ADSB receiver, I had the right half out and worked behind the panel.

20110513_005.jpg

I am impressed with the VAn's stock panel. I think I will do that. I would like some dimension to it, possibly raised borders and wider lower railing.

Cad drawing file, plenty of hours designing and being accurate to the last mm.

SkyviewInstall_zpsb0482018.jpg

Glovebox dimmer and battery bus selector out of view to the right.

Old panel
m_AFAP20yearreunion16August2009005.jpg

The stock Vans panel can be helped with our product.

This is just black carbon but we have almost every finish in our "textured" line of vinyl. Larry Vetterman (pictured panel) can attest that our vinyl is by far the best product on the market.

We are currently working on our first 100% printed panel to the owners exact specifications. Photos to follow soon.

AircraftWraps has recently invested both in FAA/3M Aviation Certifications as well as the latest in large scale Hi-Definition printers.

Back