What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aux Music Jack

LittleJoeA

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I am trying to install the Aux Music Jack (WH00056) in the F-1203A Bulkhead as per 31B-07. It says it will be a tight fit. The existing hole is rounded on the sides and flat top and bottom. I think the hole is just too small. Did I miss something somewhere about enlarging this hole? This little connector looks a little fragile and I don't want to destroy it.

WE had the same problem. One of the guys took a deburring tool (the curved knife kind) and went around the hole until it fit. It ended up still fitting snugly, but at least it went in! The hole is considerably undersized.

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for your response. I drilled / reamed the hole 3/8". It fits tight, but could be tighter. I might go 32/64 if i did it again.

32/64????

Joe,
I'm tackling the same issue. I'm file-ing the sides and curves a little at a time. Checked this forum for other experiences. You said 3/8 was a bit loose. Say again what size you would recommend please. I'm guessing your 32/64 was a typo, since 1/2" would be MUCH looser than your 3/8 which was already loose. Did you mean 23/64?
Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

I was never very good at fractions.

Yep, I would try 23/64

I would try it on a piece of scrap first.

The bulkhead is thin there is not much for the little clamp pieces to grip.

I'm going to try a washer to give more to clamp to if I can get the connector off.

Good Luck

joe

Back