What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aux battery dual EI wiring question

Gonzo24

Well Known Member
I'm installing a dual LSI set-up and have a question about wiring in the aux battery that LSI suggests:

in my system - I also have a B&C SD-8 wired to the batt buss and both LSI power leads (switched) inputs wired to the always hot batt buss. there are two separate power leads coming from the PC 680 battery to the batt buss in the unlikely event that one power lead or wire terminal should fail.

Can anyone point me to a schematic that can show how to wire in the aux batt so it is charged from the usual Z-11 scematic and then can be used for redundant LSI system power if needed.

maybe this is overkill since the SD-8 is in there too?

Thanks.

Jeff,

Can't point you to a schematic but here is what I am building to. Appreciate it is not identical to your setup but hopefully is still of use:

- Main Battery connects to Main Buss via Master Relay.
- Main Buss connects to Avionics Buss via CB, AV Master switch and diode
- AV Aux Battery connects to Avionics Buss via CB, AV Aux Bat Master Switch and Diode
- Avionics Buss connects to AV Aux Battery (for trickle charging) via CB and diode and resistor (to limit current).

Also, I have one LSI ignition and am feeding it direct from both batteries 'Y'd together and with a diode and CB in each wire before they join up plus ON/OFF switch after the wires join.

Hope that makes sense.

Steve

Last edited:
Back