What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Autopilot Trutrack didgiflight 2 VS

Jeremy Dike

I'm New Here
I installed a Trutrack Didgiflight 2 VS in my 8 which first flew in 2009, The aircraft has 700 hrs to date.
Over the last couple of months, the auto pilot has become sluggish difficult to maintain a requested rate of climb or decent. In level flight wanders up and down 2/3 hundred feet when disturbed by turbulence.. I have reset the VRT activity from 5 to the max of 24. This has improved the problem but it’s still not as reactive as it was originally. VRT torque is still set at 12 maximum.
There is no problem with the lateral axis.
Does someone have experience of this? Could the problem originate from the servo or the software?
Any assistance on this topic would be greatly appreciated!!

I installed a Trutrack Didgiflight 2 VS in my 8 which first flew in 2009, The aircraft has 700 hrs to date.
Over the last couple of months, the auto pilot has become sluggish difficult to maintain a requested rate of climb or decent. In level flight wanders up and down 2/3 hundred feet when disturbed by turbulence.. I have reset the VRT activity from 5 to the max of 24. This has improved the problem but it’s still not as reactive as it was originally. VRT torque is still set at 12 maximum.
There is no problem with the lateral axis.
Does someone have experience of this? Could the problem originate from the servo or the software?
Any assistance on this topic would be greatly appreciated!!
One of the first things I’ve heard of is to check the servo shear pin. It is possible for the pin to shear but leave enough residual friction that that axis ‘sort of’ works.

Back