What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Automotive plugs in Bendix mags...

comfortcat

Well Known Member
Friend
I'm planning to use automotive plugs with my Bendix mags. I got the ignition wiring kit and plug adapters from 3Gi and I have Bendix S4LN-20/21 mags.
Engine is O-320 150hp E2D

Any advice about which plug to use? I believe the NGK BR8ES is the common choice.

Advice?

advTHANKSance

CC

The NGK BR8ES and BR8EG are the 2 plugs I use in my 2 stroke race bike. I didn't know they were also used for your application. For my use, these plugs have been great but I have no idea how well they will work for you.

I use the NGK BR8EIX Iridium Electrode with my emags. these have been reported to work with the Bendix mags also.

I am interested in the Bendix/auto plug conversion also. Does anyone have info/review of this? Not necessarily with the electronic ignition. A straight Bendex mag to auto plug is of interest to me.

3GI ignition harness conversion...

From their web site:
===============
Slick and Bendix magneto harness modifications allowing the use of automotive style spark plug with stock magnetos or modified for the G3i Ignition Systems.

I hope this works!

http://www.g3ignition.com

CC :rolleyes:

Slick Mag

I converted a Slick harness to an auto plugs harness via the G3I kit on my IO-540. It seems to run smoother with the NGK BR8ES plugs, especially LOP. Be sure to gap the plugs .018" to .020" for the mag spark.

Back