What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Auto Pilot

Just finished my first condition inspection on my 2007 RV-8 after buying it last year. Now my Digiflight IIVS auto pilot altitude hold doesn’t work. No trim indicator. Any ideas? Could a wire just fall off the servo?

Just finished my first condition inspection on my 2007 RV-8 after buying it last year. Now my Digiflight IIVS auto pilot altitude hold doesn’t work. No trim indicator. Any ideas? Could a wire just fall off the servo?
Short answer: yes? There can be a lot variation in the builder's attention to detail and wiring skills. It could easily be a bad crimp on a connector pin at either end. That said, I'd start with the troubleshooting section of your Digiflight manual to make sure it's not a configuration thing or something, and go from there.

As indicated by another, things happen at any time. However, you did not build it and inspections are a time to go over the small details and see how it was done by another. You will learn more than you think. That is what I like about Experimental Aircraft you learn more about your plane than anyone and it is fun too.

Start by checking for power and ground at the servo. That will point you toward a communication error or failure vs power loss. After that, good luck

Back