What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Auto pilot bracket

Ron B.

Well Known Member
I've been trying to find the auto pilot bracket, part # VA-184A, listed on page 39-9. It's not clear if it is included. It states that the auto pilot is not included and I assume the bracket is not included also. I've searched Van's site , don't see it and it's not included in the "list" . I've gone on tru trac site and no mention of it there.
Can't seem to find the parts list for the finishing kit, perhaps it's in that box?
Thanks Ron

Ron,

Which RV you got there?

Which bracket aileron or elevator?

All my TT brackets came with the autopilot itself.

Bevan (RV7A)

Ron,

Which RV you got there?

Which bracket aileron or elevator?

All my TT brackets came with the autopilot itself.

Bevan (RV7A)
Bevan,

Since he posted this on the RV-10 section, I suspect he has an RV-10 but I could always be wrong.

The autopilot bracket is included in the RV-10 kit but don't bother installing it. It has since changed and a new one will be provided by Tru-Trak.

Wasn't in mine either

Mine wasn't included either, old or new style. Just so you know you're not crazy...

Dwight

The autopilot bracket is included in the RV-10 kit but don't bother installing it. It has since changed and a new one will be provided by Tru-Trak.

Assuming he wants a Tru-Trak (g). Trio & Dynon are now viable options, as well.

John

Our plans are to use Dynon, as this is what we have in our SuperCubs and are well pleased. We do not have autopilots in the Cubs, just the Dynons.

Dynon say their servos are dimensionally identical to "major competitors" - TruTrak, I guess - and say they are "drop-in" upgradeable. That being the case, you should be able to use the TruTrak fitting kits. They ship with the APs from VANS so it's then just a case of if they will supply them seperately. Maybe.........!

Dynon kits are available directly from them.

Back