What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ATL Hangar Space ?

jmbrwn

Well Known Member
Does anyone have any leads on hangar space in ATL area? Doesn't matter what area yet, as I will be commuting from TN for awhile. I guess North or Northwest of ATL would be ideal for now, but am open to all possibilities.

Might try PUJ

Its a new airport , new hangers , but not a lot of traffic or tenants. NW of Atl on US 278 in Paulding Co.

Peachtree City

Come on down and join the 50+ gang members at the Falcon RV Squadron at KFFC.

Thanks for all the good leads, guys. My wife and I are flying down next week to look at houses and areas. I'll check out these airports.

1A3 in Copperhill, TN

The Copper Hill airport (1A3) is located in the beautiful N. Ga mountains where GA, TN and NC join. We have NEW T-hangars, a 3500' paved runway and the lowest fuel price in the area.

Thanks for the reply, Bret. That is a beautiful area but I need to be a little closer to KATL. Again, thanks to everyone for the leads. I'll have things to check out next week when we fly down.

Calhoun (CZL)

The Calhoun airport is the nearest airport to Atlanta on the Northwest side where you can actually get on the hangar list and then get a hangar within a year. Recently some people waited only about 3 months. Some of the hangars are older portable hangars without electricity. Many EAA chapter 268 members hangar our airplanes in Calhoun. The airport manager is really pro-GA, pro-Experimental and pro-EAA.

Bill Swatling
EAA Chapter 268 President
RV-7 - still working on fuselage

Thanks Bill. Calhoun is on my list to check and it is good to know they are GA friendly.

Back