What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AT LAST ... I DID IT!!!

HEGASIS

Finally after years of dreaming, wondering, trying to pick the right time, questions, research, and more dreaming... I said the **** with it. It's what I am, It's what I love, I'm building a damm plane, and I ordered my tail.:cool:

I look forward to sharing the building experience with all of you.

Welcome to the club...

Welcome Mark,

I know how you feel. After years of dreaming and without any idea of how I would ever afford to finish I jumped in head first. It's a blast. Enjoy!

you will find the $$$ , just one step at a time.
dont look at the total cost, just do what you can now. It's funny how things work out.

Oh come on now Mark

Need to borrow 10k for an engine?

You have 4 years my friend I'm sure with your connnections a nice mid time IO360 with C/S prop will just happen to fall into your lap in that time..

Let's see.....Oh mr C177 owner...Oh I'm so sorry yer engine is trashed...But I need one for a doorstop....I'll give you 5k for the core..piece of junk.....:)

You'll figure it out!

The RV4 is still my favourite RV but a bit to single minded of an airlane for our mission.

You'll love it!

Frank

Welcome

Hi Mark,
My buddy just received his Airworthiness cert two days ago for his -4. He bought a 1500 hour PA-28 takeout (for 180 upgrade) 0-320/160 HP for $7500. We bought our 0-360 for $10,000 with 690 TT SNEW, so they're out there. As you should know, these little Lycs have often run to 3000 hours or more. A Skyhawk here just turned 3260 TTSNEW on a 160 Lyc and had mid-70's compression and little oil use. He figured his luck was running kinda thin so he went for a majored engine.

It's one step at a time......congratulations,

I'm sure you guys are right. The engine is far off, so I'm not thinking to hard on the subject. Just rough guessing. I'd really like a new shiney one though. When I get there I'll make it happen. Maybe even put it on a five year plan so I dont have to borrow any money. I'm just happy I'm building now and not a wannabe anymore.:D

Back