What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ashville, NC

N941WR

Legacy Member
I have a friend who wants to fly his -6 into Ashville to meet up with some friends and give a few rides. He mentioned that there was a gate he used to walk for BBQ and wonder if that was still there and where it was located. Apparently old age is catching up with his memory.

Any suggestions for him would be appreciated.

Green River BBQ, Saluda, NC

I'm not a local but flew into Hendersonville, NC. 0A7, on Monday. Airport Manager John is very helpful! Don't remember a BBQ place within walking distance, but about a 20 minute drive away Daniel and I ate BBQ with family at Green River BBQ in Saluda, NC. It had been recommended and was very good! 131 U.S. 176, Saluda, NC, (828) 749-9892

A few more words under Trip Write Ups, Father Son Marine Boot Camp.... or via email.

Carl
N229RVatYAHOOdotCOM

Hmm... Hendersonville 0A7 is not by a walkable restaurant.

There is a BBQ place across from KAVL (integrated in a gas station) but its not something I would normally recommend to visitors. To be fair, it's not unsafe or anything like that but it pales in comparison to other AVL BBQ joints.

Back