What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Artex ELT G-switch plug?

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
Anyone know where to get the proper G-switch plug for the annual operational inspection of the Artex ME-406? The part number is 150-1130 and I find two prices at companies for what appears to be the same P.N: $3.98 and $35.00. The latter seems extreme but if the former isn't the right one????

Thanks

Wayne 120241

ELT test plug

Wayne,

I simply bought a 15 pin female d-sub at Fry's Electronics and put a jumper between pins 5 & 12.

i-frPkTLN-S.jpg

It was $ .99. I also bought a plastic backshell to make it neat.

Works great. The $35 one must be for NASA space ships.

Please verify the jumper pins in your manual in case it is different than mine.

Oh...and I use a pair of grippy gloves when I do the Football Toss so I don't fling the ELT to the corner of the hanger.

Tony

Last edited:
Thanks Tony, but....

I'm a poor ignorant aero engineer-- what's the numbering convention on that plug? Or could you show a shot of the jumper soldered in place? I believe my ME-406 says 5 & 12 (book is at the hangar) but when I try to contact Artex their email comes back no good.

THANKS!

Wayne 120241/143WM

Most of these connectors have the pin numbers molded on to them beside each hole. These days a magnifying glass helps.

This might help too...

DA15pinout.jpg

Once you get the pins locations worked out, I find it good to mark the "corner" one numbers with a Sharpie on the shell. Then I don't need the magnifying glass any more to read the ultra small molded in pin numers...:)

Male and female is not to obvious with the D-Sub connectors....:confused:

This is male -

D-SUB-Connector-DP15P-Male-Straight-Angle-.jpg

Last edited:
Back