What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Arizona Prop shop recommendations

MikeinPhoenix

Well Known Member
Patron
Looking for any suggestions or recommendations on getting my 2 blade CS Hartzell prop IRAN’d or overhauled (I live in Phoenix). The prop is 18 years old and the last IRAN/re-seal was done 8 years ago. I just talked to the same prop shop and they told me I should do an overhaul (rather than an IRAN/re-seal) given the age of the prop (and quoted $5,500 for the O/H). Does their recommendation seem reasonable?

There hasn’t been any issues with the prop, but my RV-9A will be down for 2 months for a new instrument panel install, so it seemed like a good time to have the prop serviced. The prop has 1,000 TTSN. Welcome any advice.

Thanks!

I used Memphis Propeller last year for my overhaul and there was an open service bulletin that I didn’t know about. Friendly folks but maybe too far from you. Marty

Arizona prop shops

Larry, appreciate the intel…this is good to know. I’ll reach out to Warner. Many thanks! Mike

Mike, Lots of the props at DVT are sent to these guys in Tucson. They will pick up and deliver.
http://www.warnerpropeller.com/

Warner in Tucson just did a hangar neighbors Hartzell OH. Due to age OH was all that was offered. Quoted 3 weeks and $4200. They had it done in the time frame quoted but price was up a little due to replacing a damaged part. Came back looking great. He's happy.

Last edited:
Back