What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Are these two holes on the WW200 RV prop to be used for anyting?

ao.frog

Well Known Member
Hi gang.

We're installed the spinner today and came across four holes (2+2) I can't find anything about in the manual?

They are in the aft bulkhead and one on each side of the black line in this pic. They go through both halves of the bulkhead so it seems logical that they schouled be used for bolts for example?

2vd2v4o.jpg

Schould there be AN-3 bolts and nuts here maybe?
Maybe I've missed something in the manual?

I can't remember anything regarding these four holes when we fitted the spinner a few years ago (must be getting old :D) so hopefully someone out there can help me out?

Thanks guys.

I can't help you with the two holes....but WOW! I love the green color you have chosen! Looks fantastic!

Yes

There should be a bolt and nut on those holes, i don't recall the size but if you call WW I am sure they can tell you. Thees holes hold the two spinner back plate halves in place.

Cheers

It's screws and nuts, nut on the inside otherwise it will rub on your cowling. The screws should have come with the prop kit, they are low profile phillips, for clearance between the spinner and cowl. Ask me how I know?

Thanks...

... alot guys. Those low profile screws are going in tomorrow for sure!
I'll even countersink the aft two ones. Great idea!

Love this forum!

Gary; thanks for the nice words.
Yes, the wifey and me are very happy about how the green colour turned out.
If you look closely at the aft part of the spinner, you'll see some shades of black. The painter wanted to make the spinner stand out "just a hair" from the green paint on the cowling, so he painted alittle black at the end and on the tip.

Here's the rest of the colours of the plane:

1qk1ac.jpg

Oooops.... guess I'm hijacking my own tread... ;)

Last edited:
Washer head screws are supplied with the prop. I installed the screws with the head outside as Paul K suggested to clear the cowl lip which I narrowed anyhow. The instruction manual says head inside.

Back