What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Are 3/32 Universal Rivets used in a 9A

IowaRV9Dreamer

Well Known Member
Hello all - I finished my practice kit which included some AN470AD3 rivets. There are none of these "little" universal rivets in my empennage kit.

My question is, should I order some dies to drive or squeeze these for future use? I looked through the preview plans and couldn't find any of them, but maybe someone online will know if they are used in the kit.

I'm putting together (another) tool order. My Cleaveland tool kit didn't have 3/32 universal rivet tools.

Thanks!,

dave

The only 470-3 rivets on my -9 came with the filtered airbox kit. Otherwise, they are not used on the 9A/9.

Round head 3/32 rivets...FAB.

Like the man said, those were the only ones that had round heads. I used my regular cup set for #4 rivets on the #3 rivets on the FAB with no problems.

Jerry K. Thorne
www.n2prise.org
N2PZ RV-9A 172.7 Hobbs hours.

n2prise said:
Like the man said, those were the only ones that had round heads. I used my regular cup set for #4 rivets on the #3 rivets on the FAB with no problems.

Me too - the rivets included with the FAB are 'soft' if I recall correctly, so they squeeze easy. Low squeezing pressure with fiberglass anyway...

Thanks guys - guess I'll save the few $

Thank you gentlemen - the FAB is a long ways off for me, so I'll spend my tool money on more urgent needs (like a torque wrench!)

:cool:

Back