What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Approach Avionics Fast Stack

carl nank

Well Known Member
I am seriously considering ordering a Garmin 430W, transponder & intercom from Approach Avionics Fast Stack, using their hub cable system.

I would like to know if any of you have any experiance with Approach Avionics and how the relationship went.

You may send me an email at: [email protected] if you like. Or answer here if your relationship went well.

Thanks for your help.

Tim is the MAN!

I bought all my avionics through Faststack, good price, great service. Easiest & best thing I did on my plane.

Call Tim 218-237-7825.
Tell him Chuck sent you.

Carl,
I installed a Hub system in my 6, 5 or so years ago, a great system, easy to install, a little pricey, but worked great, have had no problems to date. Good company to work with at the time, I have not had a reason to contact them since the origional install.
Dick

Great Product

i have the Pro G hub in my 7 purchased from the original company. I had a couple of minor issues that Tim helped me work through. (it was me!!)

I would however consult with them on the exact equipment you are going to use to insure the harnesses are built to get full capability.

I'm am nearly certain I will be using the Fast Stack in my new project.

Specced one for our RV7, first big project, wired up.............................

Switched master switch on - it worked !

That was all we needed, thanks guys :D

ordered

Lots of good responses. Thank you all.

I ordered the Pro G hub, PS Engineering PMA8000B intercom, GNS 430W, GNS 327 transponder, all hooked up to my Dynon D100.

My only problem is, why is everything taking so long to finish the project. Ever since starting the baffles it seems to take forever to finish the project. Thought I would be flying this year but it is starting to seem unlikly.

I think I now understand 90% done, 90% to go!!!!

Happy User

I am using the FastStack and have had nothing but the best experience. All cables are very professional. I made one change in the middle switching from a SL-40 to an SL-30. Tim made me up another cable and it works perfect. Tim is very reponsive and even stayed late to answer my questions on several occasions. Go for it as you will be pleased.

I just received my fast stack Pro Hub this week. I'm trying to figure out a good location to place it in my RV-7A with tip up.

I'd recommend buying it straight from Fast Stack, it appears most major suppliers have to back order it anyway.

Easy stuff

I just received my fast stack Pro Hub this week. I'm trying to figure out a good location to place it in my RV-7A with tip up.

I'd recommend buying it straight from Fast Stack, it appears most major suppliers have to back order it anyway.

Hi Chris,

I mounted mine on the right side panel support between the panel and sub panel. This gives me complete access to the unit. Pictures below.

my.php

my.php

Hi Chris,

I mounted mine on the right side panel support between the panel and sub panel. This gives me complete access to the unit. Pictures below.

my.php

my.php

Hi Darwin,

I bought the Pro Hub model from them. So I went out to the shop and checked out the fit... I have less than 1/8th inch on each side, but it fits:D Thanks for the help, and the pictures. i'll post up some when I get it installed.

Chris

Back