What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Appleton Timber Rattlers

petehowell

Well Known Member
Looking for local advice in the Appleton area. We'd like to fly over and catch a Timber Rattlers game. Is the stadium walking distance from the airport, or is there a good way to get there from the airport? Plan would be to come over, grab dinner, ball game, then spend the night and shoot home in the morning.

Does anyone have an airport car there we could beg, borrow, or steal. We'll call it the $250 minor league ball game......

Pete -

Been to ATW a few times; we stay there when attending Airventure. Nothing is really within a short walk of the airport. It's about a three or four mile drive to the downtown area. The stadium looks like about a three mile walk.

Don't know what you want to spend on a accomodations, but the Copper Leaf is a neat little boutique hotel right on College Avenue (main street into town from the airport), and there are several neat little restaurants within walking distance of the Copper Leaf. The whole College Avenue "strip" around the Copper Leaf is fun.

Can't help you with an airport car, but I can give you a couple of restaurant recommendations if you end up going.

Thanks Jeff,

We might toss the bikes in, or just grab a cab. Had a great chat with the FBO, they might be able to help out depending on staffing.

Pete,

I can't help you with ATW, but may I suggest flying just a bit further and going to a game at Miller Park? We just had a great series earlier this week...

Pete, just don't go to Miller park if the Cubs are playing, unless of course you like to see the Cubs win. Jeff, don't forget the bottle........

Glenn,

I'm not the brightest knife in the drawer, and sometimes it shows. I think I missed something somewhere, because I'm not sure why I'm supposed to remember the bottle.... :)

Jeff - nice series, but.....

I'd rather get swept than be 8 games back......

I do need to get to Miller Park. If I come into Timmerman, can I get a bus down there?

I told my wife there was a page on the Airventure site about the Timber Rattlers and she just about changed her mind about going this year...

Bob Kelly

Let's go go go White Sox!!!

Pete, just don't go to Miller park if the Cubs are playing, unless of course you like to see the Cubs win. Jeff, don't forget the bottle........

Cubs, win . . . that's funny. Did you watch any games this weekend? I can't wait to fly the RV into Midway where Sox park is just a short L-ride away.

Go Cards

I can't wait to fly the RV into Midway where Sox park is just a short L-ride away.

Ben, I see you are still stuck on those Sox. How long have you lived here in STL? With the Cards right here in town why would you want to build an RV to fly to Chicago to watch American League? Build the RV and fly to Cardinal away games.

Glenn,

I'm not the brightest knife in the drawer, and sometimes it shows. I think I missed something somewhere, because I'm not sure why I'm supposed to remember the bottle.... :)

Jeff, that was meant for the other Jeff, Jeff Point.....

I do need to get to Miller Park. If I come into Timmerman, can I get a bus down there?
You can, but you'll be making transfers in some rough neighborhoods. I'd just take a cab, it's not that far. We're heading to the game in a couple hours and it's raining to beat ****. Glad we sprung for the retractable roof.

Back