What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Apple Valley (APV) visit question

NM Doug

Well Known Member
We're hoping to fly to SoCal from Albuquerque tomorrow if weather allows, and since we're going to have to head home Sunday morning, I'm considering tying down at KAPV for a couple nights, even though our destination is Claremont. With the stratus ceilings forecast for Ontario, I'm thinking this might be a surer thing for a flight out on Sunday morning.

Is KAPV a good spot to tie down for a couple nights? Is there a regular FBO, or do I coordinate/pay for the tie down with the airport?

Thanks for PIREPs or suggestions.

Im on the other side of the valley, but the Victorville area seems to get SLAMMED when the weather gets angry. Sure got hit last night and looks like it tonight as well. Leaving it outside would make me nervous. Check the forecast very carefully.

Hmmm. Thanks for the heads up. I'll look at the Palm Springs area, too, but it may turn out to be best to try another time.

It has been my (admittedly limited) experience that Banning, though typically windswept, is right at the edge of the cloudy Valley and severe clear Palm Springs. In fact, the last time I went in there the east end of the runway was clear, while the west end was IMC. The division was that distict.

Back