What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AOG- Friday Harbor

ERushing

Well Known Member
Rv-10 AOG in Friday Harbor,WA with a flat main. Anyone in the Seattle area have a spare main tube with a90 bend valve?

Thank you!
(503) 720- 2671.

Rv-10 AOG in Friday Harbor,WA with a flat main. Anyone in the Seattle area have a spare main tube with a90 bend valve?

Thank you!
(503) 720- 2671.
The 90deg stem is optional, the straight will work fine (I don't think Michelin even sells the 90 any longer).
Size is 15/6.00-6 6PR

The 90deg stem is optional, the straight will work fine (I don't think Michelin even sells the 90 any longer).
I’d take anything at this point. I have one in my hangar that will eventually make its way here. But if someone in the Seattle area has one, it would be much quicker. And I’d gladly pay for any gas and replace the tube ASAP

For next time.. try keeping 50-55 psi with Michelin tubes and you'll probably never have another flat.
Let them get under 30psi and guaranteed you will have more.
You could probably use a more common 6:00x6 to get going.

For next time.. try keeping 50-55 psi with Michelin tubes and you'll probably never have another flat.
Let them get under 30psi and guaranteed you will have more.
You could probably use a more common 6:00x6 to get going.
Thank you Walt! I’ll order some Michelins when I get home. I typically run 40-45 psi.

Ok. This happened quicker than expected. A buddy is headed up here with my tube. Should be here in ~90 minutes. Thanks for your help, Walt.

A spare tube will now go in my away kit. I’ve got nearly everything to change the tube in my away tool kit except a Jack and a compressor…. Oh… and a tube.

Tubes rot out pretty quickly when folded. So, you’re faced with carrying a slightly inflated spare, or changing out an expensive spare pretty often.
Other experiences may differ….. but my stored tube was no good after a couple years.

Tubes rot out pretty quickly when folded. So, you’re faced with carrying a slightly inflated spare, or changing out an expensive spare pretty often.
Other experiences may differ….. but my stored tube was no good after a couple years.
Good to know!!

Still AOG. Matco wheels & Brakes. Stripped out the bolt securing the disc. Anybody in Seattle have one? And a way to get a stripped button head cap screw out with a travel toolkit?

1/4-20x 3/4 button head cap.

Last edited:
Back