What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

anything similar to GDU 375...?

drmax

Well Known Member
...without the price tag? I'm sure this has been covered throughout some thread in here but can't find it. Would like a (no bigger than) 5" or 6" panel mount gps that I could link some sort of tcas type system and with availability of XM weather. Would use in a 6A, vfr, cross country. Thx for any suggestions...DM

The 796 would work for you but is pricey. I just picked up a used 696 for about a 1000 less then you can get a 796. It is almost a clone of the 375 in function and even looks. It will like the 796 take a data input to display traffic.

George

The 796 would work for you but is pricey. I just picked up a used 696 for about a 1000 less then you can get a 796. It is almost a clone of the 375 in function and even looks. It will like the 796 take a data input to display traffic.

George
cheaper when you can find a used one. good deal for you. the ifly 700 is a perfect price range, but i reckon you can't get traffic or weather on it. if/when i get my plane, ll hold off until i can get wut i want...

oh yes, can i couple an auto pilot to any of these units? that would be my next want...

cheaper when you can find a used one. good deal for you. the ifly 700 is a perfect price range, but i reckon you can't get traffic or weather on it. if/when i get my plane, ll hold off until i can get wut i want...

oh yes, can i couple an auto pilot to any of these units? that would be my next want...

My 696 drives a Tru Track autopilot with no problems. In fact the switch solved a small problem where my aircraft would about once every 20 minutes dip a wing about 20 degrees for no reason. There are a bunch of 696's offered on Ebay and someone has a ad for a nice one on here for 1700 a few days ago. It appeared to be a good price since it was essentially new in the box.

George

Back