What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone with Prince propeller and 160 HP engine?

colmarjones

I'm New Here
You may not believe this, but my so-called aviation authority (Dutch CAA) will not approve the use of my just-delivered Prince p-tip propeller unless there is already an aircraft somewhere using this type with a 160 HP engine.
Can anyone help me identify any such aircraft ?
Thanks,
Colin Jones

Got one

I have the O 320 D2J with a Prince P tip prop . The engine is 160 HP on N908DR RV9 , Has about 200 hours on the 9 airframe with that engine prop combo. The engine and prop has approx 300 hours on a RV6 prior to going on my RV9.

Been running a p tip since 1993 have about 350 hours no issues

And it looks impressive!

stevegoldinprinceprop.jpg

Mine came from Springtown Tx!

I bought the O 320 D2J and Prince P tip from a RV6 guy there in Springtown, TX . Best I remember he upgraded to 180 HP and CS . Don't remember his name but can't be that many people in Springtown Tx with a Blue RV6 ! He had a grass (mosly dirt and rock) strip behind his house. Was just down the road from a cotton gin.

I have a Prince P-Tip on my 180 HP RV-6A with 610 hours on it. The prop had 125 hrs on it when I got it and, even with 735 total hours, it still looks almost new!

I always thought I wanted the metal 180 HP Sensenich (made for RV's) and had occasion to get one. After a careful performance evaluation, I put the P-Tip back on and sold the Sensenich because, on my airplane, the P-Tip outperformed the the Sensenich!

Hope this helps,

Prince Prop

I have over 500 hours on my RV-4 which has always had a 160hp 0-320 and a Prince prop. Several years ago I sent my Prince prop back to Mr. Prince and he altered it for me to give me several hundred more static rpm. He is a man of integrity who makes a fine product. If you need more details I will provide them.

Back