What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone seen these videos before?

RV-12 Videos Coming Soon

Hi Guys,

My name is David Oliver and I'm the president of Hangar Workshop productions. I'm excited that you all have enjoyed the build video on the RV-12 fuel tank. I'm sorry that I've only produced two of the video segments so far. I'm finishing up the Fuel Tank Shoot this week and will probably need another week or so for editing.

The video's were released on Youtube as a sneak peak into what Hangar Workshop productions plans to release as a larger package of Builder Assist Video's. I'm a Commercial Pilot, A&P Mechanic, a Videographer, and an avid home builder so I saw the need for good how-to videos on difficult build topics.

There are certainly a few how-to videos on the market for aviation but unfortunately production value and useful information are lacking. At our Hangar Workshop studio in Dallas Texas we use only the highest quality HD camera's and I spend countless hours researching the best techniques.

We have only begun shooting in March. Right now, along with our almost completed RV-12 we have another RV-12 tail-kit ready for assembly that we will be shooting the entire build. We hope that the Tail-Kit video will help introduce new builders to the market and give them step by step confidence in their first kit.

Other projects will include an introductory look called "The Basic's of Sheet metal" as we will walk step by step through the Vans practice project introducing new skills and tools as the project progress's. We hope new builders will find this as a great introduction and learning tool.

If you want to learn more about us go to WWW.HANGARWORKSHOP.COM

We plan to post the FREE video's on Youtube along with our website

Please know that I am still learning ways to improve on the videos. I would like feedback on any way that we could improve or any ideas that you may have. Please do no hesitate to send me a personal email at [email protected] or call 630-853-9624

If your ever in the Dallas area stop into our great aerocommunity (F69) as we love visitors.

Enjoy!!

-David Oliver

Hi Guys,

My name is David Oliver and I'm the president of Hangar Workshop productions. I'm excited that you all have enjoyed the build video on the RV-12 fuel tank. I'm sorry that I've only produced two of the video segments so far. I'm finishing up the Fuel Tank Shoot this week and will probably need another week or so for editing.

The video's were released on Youtube as a sneak peak into what Hangar Workshop productions plans to release as a larger package of Builder Assist Video's. I'm a Commercial Pilot, A&P Mechanic, a Videographer, and an avid home builder so I saw the need for good how-to videos on difficult build topics.

There are certainly a few how-to videos on the market for aviation but unfortunately production value and useful information are lacking. At our Hangar Workshop studio in Dallas Texas we use only the highest quality HD camera's and I spend countless hours researching the best techniques.

We have only begun shooting in March. Right now, along with our almost completed RV-12 we have another RV-12 tail-kit ready for assembly that we will be shooting the entire build. We hope that the Tail-Kit video will help introduce new builders to the market and give them step by step confidence in their first kit.

Other projects will include an introductory look called "The Basic's of Sheet metal" as we will walk step by step through the Vans practice project introducing new skills and tools as the project progress's. We hope new builders will find this as a great introduction and learning tool.

If you want to learn more about us go to WWW.HANGARWORKSHOP.COM

We plan to post the FREE video's on Youtube along with our website

Please know that I am still learning ways to improve on the videos. I would like feedback on any way that we could improve or any ideas that you may have. Please do no hesitate to send me a personal email at [email protected] or call 630-853-9624

If your ever in the Dallas area stop into our great aerocommunity (F69) as we love visitors.

Enjoy!!

-David Oliver

Hi David,
I liked the video and would like to take you up on the invitation to stop by.

Jetguy and I are going to run the engine on the RV-12 we built later this week. We live in NRH just west of you. The only other RV-12 we've seen is vans Red one and I look forward to seeing yours.

Colin

Hi Colin,

Absolutely stop by anytime. Give me a call or email and I'll give you directions to our house. We've got two Hangars at Airpark and love living with our planes.

One of our other ambitions is to make a Builders Video on installation and first run for the rotax in the RV-12. We'd love to get some of your insider information and experience.

-David

Back