What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone near virginia with a RV-10

GAllison

I'm New Here
My name is Greg Allison and i just ordered the eympo. kit for a rv 10 and i am trying to find someone to give me a ride in one so i can see what i am getting in to. All of my flying has been in light sport aircraft. I am able to fly to a airport or privat strip. Thanks Everyone
look forward to talking through my build
Greg Allison

Greg,
Welcome to VAF! I think Tim Lewis is flying his -10 out of Manassas. Might want to send him a PM and see if you can bum a ride. Just search on his name here at VAF to get his e-mail. Otherwise, besides myself, there's 2 other "local" builders, Doug Nebert (I think he's getting close to finishing)and John Trollin (working on his wings) that are active here at VAF and over at Matronics.

Demo 10 coming to MD

I hear rumors of one of the Vans demo planes coming to MD for demo purposes.

Greg,
Welcome to VAF! I think Tim Lewis is flying his -10 out of Manassas. Might want to send him a PM and see if you can bum a ride. Just search on his name here at VAF to get his e-mail. Otherwise, besides myself, there's 2 other "local" builders, Doug Nebert (I think he's getting close to finishing)and John Trollin (working on his wings) that are active here at VAF and over at Matronics.

I have an RV10 located in Newport News, VA

KPHF. I am often in Richmond with it (KFCI).

RV-10 in VA

I was just visiting Tim (near Manassas) the other evening, learning from his work - he's going to do final assembly in Oct-Nov timeframe but is not flying his -10 yet. I am a few months, optimistically behind him (Reston, VA). He told me that there may be an RV-10 stationed in the Patuxent area (St Marys?) in the coming months to establish transition training for those of us in the East. That'd be a welcome complement to the training available in Oregon and Texas.

Anh Vu has an RV-10 based at St Marys and I know a few others are close, if not flying already, in the area. I sure expect a whole bunch of -10s to show up in the coming year (including mine).

Anh Vu's building page: http://www.geocities.com/anhvu_rv10/

Back