What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone Interested in Splitting an Order of 'Alodine' Powder

WingsOnWheels

Well Known Member
I need to get some Alodine, but $36 a gallon from AS seems a bit pricy. I can order a 2lb can of Iridite 14-2 Chromate powder:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=6081

This isn't "alodine" since that is a brand name, but it is the same chemical process.

The 2lbs of powder can make 25.6 to 42.7 gallons of solution (depending on concentration). The cost would be 69.99 + 22.50 hazmat fee + ~10 shipping = $102.49. If we could get at least 4 folks together that are interested, that would only be ~ $26 each for 6.4-10.6 gallons of solution each. More people would lower the cost.

Because of the Hazmat fees, it would not make sense to ship out to everyone, so partisipants would have to be local to DFW or have a way of collecting their portion.

It there are at least 3 other folks interested, I can order the powder and then split it up using my digital scale. We can all just meet for lunch or some hangar flying and divie up the goods. Any takers?

Thanks,

I wish you were closer or there was a way to avoid the hazmat fees. I'm heading down to ACS East this morning to buy some of this stuff for my Champ ribs...

I wish you were closer or there was a way to avoid the hazmat fees. I'm heading down to ACS East this morning to buy some of this stuff for my Champ ribs...

If is wasn't for the hazmat issue, I would be glad to collect, split, and re-ship to a group of folks. I guess special packaging is also required to ship it (probably a second sealed container).

Back