What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone in the Southeast want to give an AF Pilot interested in buying an RV-4 a ride?

FLY6584

I'm New Here
I'm thinking about purchasing an RV-4 and was wondering if anyone in the Southeast would mind giving me a ride in one to see if I like it. I'm currently an Active Duty Instructor in the T-6 Texan II, but I am almost done flying that and it's onto something bigger next. I don't know if I'm ready to let go of the aerobatics and formation flying so I'm thinking about picking up an RV-4. Wish I could trade rides and offer a ride in the T-6, but that's next to impossible these days! :)

Gas money goes without saying and an 18+ year old bottle of Scotch may or may not be left on the seat after we land! Thanks guys!

Fly,

Send me a PM (or find me on the global) and we'll hook you up down the Florida Panhandle (Eglin).

Cheers,

Vac

Wilco Vac! I do appreciate it!

I could easily score a weekend cross-country to Eglin so I'll give you a shout on the global!

If your ever in the NC area I would be glad to give you a ride in a RV6. I live near CLT but could meet you anywhere reasonably close. Email me at Sailvi767 if interested.

George

RV-4 in NC

If in the Winston-Salem NC area, I can give a ride in my -4 It is based at Twin Lakes, 8A7.

RV4 ride

Dan, we'll be practicing for an up coming aerobatic contest on the weekends (mainly Saturdays) at Brewton, AL (12J). I have a RV4 modified for aerobatics. However, I will not do aerobatics with a passenger in the -4 even with chutes. The aft CG makes it danerous except for minimum G maneuvers with airspeed (clearing below the exception). It's a completely different flying aircraft with a passenger with very light pitch pressures. Also my weight limit for a passenger is 185 lb, and not an ounce over that. If you're interested, best to use my regular e-mail ([email protected]) since I don't check the PMs as often.

Bill McLean
RV-4 Slider
Daleville, AL

Back