What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone building in the Santa Monica/ LA area?

MCube78

I'm New Here
Hi I'm new around here!

I'm a fellow pilot dreaming about ownership, was just curious whether there is anyone building an RV in the SM/LA area that would be happy to have me peak over their shoulder once or twice and chit chat about building kit planes.

I'm polite, I do about 10 miles per cup of coffee, and will feel honored and thrilled just to hold the lamp for you while you work on the aileron. In all, I'm just curious to peak into the world of kit planes!

Cheers

Martin

Welcome to VAF

Martin,

Welcome to the VAF family. I am on the opposite coast....but I am sure that someone will shout out from your area!

YOL BOLSON!!

I'm sure someone closer will pipe up, but if 100+ miles is not too far, come on up, and I'll show you around.:cool:

Several builders at Compton Airport

There are several builders at Compton airport if you don't find anyone closer.

Thank you all for being so welcoming, ..and hopefully I will find someone not too far away who is in the building process..!! :)

PS: rvMike, thank you I might take you up on that offer!

I'm in Santa Clarita...hop on the 405 and come on up and take a look! Finishing up the build now, one wing rigging/wiring at a time before heading to the airport soon. LOTS of RVs a Whiteman (which is where I'll be based once done...).

There are at least 4 builders here in SCV...join us for a beer :)

Shoot me a PM with email/phone if you want to get together!

Steve

Builders in Santa Monica

Hi Everyone,
I am also looking at starting a build. I just had my first ride in a 10 from a really nice gentleman from Fullerton who gave me the tour. I have a bonanza in KSMO and have to say-- the 10 was really fun to fly. I was also wondering if any of you could hook me up with the Compton builders are anyone in my area.

Thanks so much,

Wayne

Whiteman...

Sure. Just head up the 405 and exit Osborne in the San Fernando Valley. Whiteman airport is about a mile, and you can see the RV-9A we are building. PM me. I'll be working Saturday morning. Nothing special, but you are free to have a look.

check out www.tdaircraft.com to see where we stand.

CC

Back