What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anybody have a good way to transport golf clubs in your -6A?

kjowen

Well Known Member
Getting close to becoming an owner instead of a renter. One of the anticipated uses will be quick golf trips for the weekend, but I was wondering how others transport your clubs? Did you do any modifications to the baggage area? If so can you give me any pointers? Thanks!

recommend you grab the search function. Several threads on the topic.
Search, advanced, golf clubs, title only

Only play nine holes?

BTW, golf is for those people who don't own airplanes. Sell the sticks, buy fuel!

You aren't kidding. Once upon a time I realized I was at a fork in the road where I needed to commit to either golf or aviation. There just wasn't enough time, money, or good weather to pursue both on a routine basis.

I chose aviation, and only pull the clubs out a couple of times a year, like when we go on vacation somewhere with a golf course.

I made doors in the wingtips. The door lines up with the rib lighting hole just behind the spar. Pack the clubs in a 5" ( best i can remember) mailer tube and slide into the wing structure. I can carry a full set in each wing, also handy for rifles and fishing equipment! I will take some photos tonight.

Get yourself one of the lightweight Ping carry bags. The bag will fit in the baggage area. The Driver & 3 Wood go along the right side of the passenger seat. You dont have to remove anything.

John Morgan

Wow! Very interesting! looking forward to those photos.... Play 9 holes -- I love it! one of my golfing buddies doesn't take a penalty stoke when he looses a ball, he says loosing the ball is penalty enough.... can't argue with that logic....

You aren't kidding. Once upon a time I realized I was at a fork in the road where I needed to commit to either golf or aviation. There just wasn't enough time, money, or good weather to pursue both on a routine basis.

I chose aviation, and only pull the clubs out a couple of times a year, like when we go on vacation somewhere with a golf course.

Kyle this is so funny, because I had to go through the same thing. Used to play all the time, even weekdays. I could see the golf course from my office windows.
I eventually concluded that I was never going to be a better golfer. 4-6 hours out of my Saturdays and Sundays was too much and the whole family would enjoy the 2 or so hours of flying that I could pay for now that there were no weekend green fees. I have never regretted the decision.

Well, others beat me to it, but here goes anyway.

The clubs are big, and ackward to transport, so convert them to something smaller, and easier to transport.

Clubs----> $$$$-----> fuel, and now your plane has a pair of compartments already dedicated to transport of the converted clubs.

Back