What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any VP-X feedback out there?

AX-O

Well Known Member
I have two EFIS screens and will soon be installing my electrical system. I am only interested in the VP-X product due to the interface with my current EFIS. So, anyone out there using the VP-X? What have been the plusses and minuses that you have observed? One of my main concerns is a single point of failure. Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thanks

VP-X

I am in process of installing VP-X in New Zealand, not into a RV but don't shoot me. Not flying yet so I have still to make mistakes :)

As I am an all MGL user I have got around the redundancy issue by having my endurance bus totally separate of a 2nd battery. This supplies my MGL Xtreme, 2nd fuel pump, 2nd radio. Both busses are tied together by contactors so at any stage I can isolate either the main bus or the endurance bus.

The VP-X runs off the main bus and I will use it to monitor the 2nd battery. I have 2 x Voyager EFIS's off the VP-X, one slaved off the other. As I can daisy chain my AHRS if I lose the VP-X I can still keep my AHRS running on the Xtreme. Quite a good redundant set-up. Same applies to my RDAC engine monitor.

Trust this useful.

Cheers
Peter Armstrong

Axel,

The EFIS folks are finishing up the integration and will have it in the next release around OSH timeframe.

Any specific questions, just let us know. :)

I have two EFIS screens and will soon be installing my electrical system. I am only interested in the VP-X product due to the interface with my current EFIS. So, anyone out there using the VP-X? What have been the plusses and minuses that you have observed? One of my main concerns is a single point of failure. Any help or guidance is appreciated. Thanks

I'm well along on my -10 build and find the VP-X very interesting. I too had concerns about the need for redundancy. If you look at the Vertical Power website they have a schematic showing how to wire in some redundancy that answered my questions completely. They show how to wire up a fix if the VP-X goes completely tango uniform. (however unlikely that is)

Back