What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any Tennessee RV'ers Out There?

Badger1220

Hello All,

New to the board here and I have been looking around the site for a while. I am looking for other Tennessee RV'ers to connect with. I am looking to ordering my RV8 tail kit sometime this spring, after going to Sun-N-Fun to talk to the Vans folks.

Until then working on my shop area, building work tables, tooling up and reviewing the construction plans and builder?s manual. Will be ordering the two training projects from Vans to refine my steel metal skills my grandfather taught me some number of years ago.

I would like to connect with others builders in the area to help get me going, answer my questions and give me the guidance and direction to complete the task at hand.

Closer than you might think.

Michael, not only am I in Tennessee, I also share your Hermitage address.
I have a flying RV-8 at BNA and another RV-8 build project at home. Let me know how I can help.

When I retire...

I lived there 19 years (1971-1990; Maryville, Knoxville, Manchester) and hope to get back someday. It's looking like about 8 years from now, so the RV-7 should be flying and well broken in by then...

EAA 162

EAA Chapter 162 meets monthly at John Tune airport. There are several Van's owners/builders in the club.

Tennessee Airport

My wife and I are planning to retire and move back home to East Tennessee in a couple years, maybe to a flying community. Problem is the ones we have looked into or at none seem to have an abundance of RV ers. Anybody know of a Fly In community airport in central/east Tenn with a RV majority?
Best regards, Bill & Joy Phillips
RV-8a Bluebird

Deerfield Resort TN

I went to the RV Nation fly in at Deerfield Resort hosted by Scott "Buzz" Brown, and it is a very cool place. It has a beautiful runway, and a hangar community that is well layed out. The homes are scattered throughtout a zillion acres of land(many lots for sale), all on a beautiful mountain lake, golf course and even a Tiki bar...Id love to live there. Its 30 miles north of Knoxville on Lake Norris.

RV ers in Tennessee

Are there any RV-ers at Hensley Airpark up in the Northeast part of Tennessee? That looks like a nice airpark that a "normal" fellow could afford. Deerfield community is nice, but way beyond a retired soldier's means. Anybody friends at Hensley?
Best regards, Bill
RV-8A

RV-6A Based @ Portland (1M5)! Friend of Charlie Mosley & Randy Hooper. Call anytime 615-969-7777. WELCOME!!!

I am located in east Tennessee. Greenback TN, 5TN4. I just ordered the RV14 wing kit a few weeks ago. I would love to have any RV drop into my strip. I could even provide lunch for any building tips:)

Two in Lawrenceburg

There are two of us in Lawrenceburg, TN that just got our pink slips for our RV-10s a week ago today. today we flew to Nashville and got our repairmans certificate.
2M2 is due south of Nashville about 65 miles.

were based at 8tn4 in greeneville tn,we may just drop in on ya!have a 7 and 9 based there as well as 2 more at kmor.

Back