What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV'ers in Hilton Head/Beaufort SC area?

gator

I plan to be flying my 8 to the Hilton Head/Beaufort SC area around the 2nd week of June and was wondering about potential Hanger space for a couple of weeks.....Does anyone have or know of anything or anyone?

Fly in to KARW.

We found a gentleman, Tim Verroi, on here, has the car rental facility in the terminal building..Sensible Car rental....open Monday-Friday but will leave keys in an outside lock box on weekends.

Barbara-Jean's seafood restaurant is nearby and they'll come and get you. The owner was an F-4 driver in Viet Nam!

Sensible 843 521 9498 and Tim owns an immaculate RV-7 and a gyrocopter....great christian guy.

Best,

Let me know.

When it gets closer to your arrival day, let me know, since we have a deep water fixer-upper home there and we could possibly meet for lunch.

Best,

Good info

Our son and his wife are moving to that area this summer, and I had similar questions about the area airports and whether there are any VAFers there. Looking forward to some trips down that way in the coming months!

Hi Don

There are a bunch of RV'ers in Georgia and South Carolina...a big, active chapter at Owens Field in Columbia. Visit EAA.org/chapters for more.

BTW..between foreclosures and the lousy economy, waterfront homes are real bargains these days!

Best,

Back