What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any Rv9ers to Sun-n-Fun this year?

Hi everyone,

my name is Rodrigo, fom Minas Gerais, Brazil.
This year, me and my father are going to Sun n Fun and we are really thrilled about our first major airshow/fly in/experimental event. My Rv9 wings and tail kits have just arrived, so I would like to meet some of you good people. Anybody going ?
I?m a doctor/student pilot and first time builder who has never even seen an RV9 live (saw an Rv 10 parked once).
We bought tickets to the Vans "Gathering on The Field" and hope to see you there.

Rodrigo and Jos? Oliveira

I think we're going to try to make it early in the week. RV-9 N908DR - Blue and gray with checkerboard rudder.

We'll certainly not let you leave Sun N Fun being able to say you've never seen one...:)

There is usually a couple of RV at Sun N Fun.

You should be able to get a good look.

N659DB

My son and I will be there Wed. eve through Sat. We will be in the homebuilt camping area. Come by and say hello. Bring me a beer and I'll let you sit inside and make airplane noises. :)

Sun N' Fun

Rodrigo,
I own South Lakeland Airport and we run a shuttle from Paradise Coty at S N"F
If you hop on the Shuttle and come to South Lakeland Airport I will be happy to show you my RV9A and if time permite I will be happy to give you a ride in my plane.
Jay Kurtz
863-701-0000
N125TK

Rvs, Shuttle Hopping and Beer!

That?s going to be great!
Since I?ll stay close to Orlando, I think I?ll drive my way to South Lakeland Airport and hop on Jay?s Shuttle to SNF, in order to deliver Bruce?s beer. Than, if the alcohol blood level alows, he can help me find Jeff and his N908DR
What a blast! And that?s by no means " Tongue and Cheeks" :D
Seriously, it?s March 20 and I can?t fit inside myself.
That?s the feeling I was looking for when I ordered my first kits, to be part of the RV family.
Thank you so much guys. See you there!

Hi Rodrigo,

My first time at sun n fun was 2008 and I was building my wings and I have never seen and RV-8 with my own eyes before.

I was completely over excited when I got to Lakeland Airport:)

This year I will be there again but now I am flying my 8:D

I know exactly how you feel, enjoy your first sun n fun!!!!

Back