What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV-7 Projects near LZU???

Daniel S.

Well Known Member
Hi Guys.
My First Post here. I have preperation phase one complete (operation pimp my garage) :D. I'm about to start my 7A project in sort order and I'm wondering if there are any guys out there (near LZU) that are in the build phase or just beginning their build. I live about 3 miles for LZU. I'd love to take a look at a couple projects... Ideally, I'd like to find a couple "build buddies" to kind of go through the build process together, bounce ideas off of when need be and lend a helping hand.

Kind Rerards,
D

Lots of RV's

There are several RV's at LZU, and a few more in the works. I'm only in the planning stages, so I can't help you out, but the friendly folks at EAA 690 have been very generous to me. I'v been given rides in both 7's and 9's. If you haven't already, come to a pancake breakfast on the first Saturday of the month, and just ask for the RV table :)

I'm based at LZU and as mentioned there are quite a few RVs based on the field and many come in for the monthly pancake breakfast (first Saturday of each month). There are lots of projects around too. The breakfast on a nice day is the best time to hook up with other RVers.

Hey all
Thanks for you replies... Please keep me in mind if you hear of any guys just starting to build. Jamie- this is the Daniel the random guy you took for a $75k ride a month or so ago.:D. Thank you! I can't thank you enough! I was at the breakfast this past weekend with my wife (who is a Trooper by the way). The breakfast is awesome over there! The thing is that I only met guys who were newer attendees there and didn't have any projects in the works. I'm sure I'll meet some 690 guys down the road after I hit a few breakfasts. I really wanted to see if there were any new projects getting underway like mine. I'll be pounding rivets in a month or so. BTW are there any eaa tech advisers near by?

Thanks,

Not a 7, but 2 10's in progress at LZU

I am 11 months into a RV-10 Build in Suwanee (10 miles from LZU). Just finished the Wings, and starting of the fuselage. It is constructed about the same, just larger :) if you want to stop by any time. I am working on it almost every night, and off and on during the weekend depending on what the family is doing.

I know as I was starting up I was lost as to what tools to order, and what they were all used for. It is nice to see/touch the tools before ordering.

I got lucky and started my 10 about 2 months after www.BrianMichael.org did. He is in Stone Mountain, but based out of LZU.

Give me a call or email if you are interested. 404-822-8013 or [email protected]

Hey all
Thanks for you replies... Please keep me in mind if you hear of any guys just starting to build. Jamie- this is the Daniel the random guy you took for a $75k ride a month or so ago.:D. Thank you! I can't thank you enough! I was at the breakfast this past weekend with my wife (who is a Trooper by the way). The breakfast is awesome over there! The thing is that I only met guys who were newer attendees there and didn't have any projects in the works. I'm sure I'll meet some 690 guys down the road after I hit a few breakfasts. I really wanted to see if there were any new projects getting underway like mine. I'll be pounding rivets in a month or so. BTW are there any eaa tech advisers near by?

Oh, you're *that* Daniel. The ride was my pleasure. Now we just need to get your wife up.

Back