What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV-14As in Alaska?

Navy76

I’m working with Kurt MacKenzie of Alaska Wing Covers to make an insulated engine cowl cover for my -14A. I took some measurements and sent Kurt a bunch of photos and he fabricated an amazing “prototype” and shipped it to me in Oregon. It is of great quality and fits amazingly well considering he’s never actually seen an RV-14. Unfortunately, after spending some time on the phone this afternoon, it’s apparent that he really needs physical access to a -14 in order expedite the final fitting.

Kurt lives in the Anchorage area and is willing to fly up to 2 hours to find a -14 or -14A on which to do the final fit. Once he has the prototype fitting well he can make templates and add the RV-14s to his product offering.

If you live within 2 hours of Anchorage and are willing to let Kurt come to your location for the final adjustments on the prototype, please send your contact info and I’ll forward it on to Kurt.

Thanks for your help!

Back