What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV-10s in California?

stamper

Well Known Member
I am wanting to build a rv10; but before I jump into it I was hoping I could actuall see one before I buy the kit. I am in southern California and going to be heading up to Napa Ca on the 31st. does anyone have a completed or started 10 that is on the way to look at. you can email me at [email protected] or xal 907 429-7224. thanks u can call any hour. I really want to see one or two or three....

Visit

Good talking with you today Bruce. Maybe we will be in Alaska in the next couple of years. It is on the list.

Bruce was planning on coming my way to the -10 on his trip but weather got in the way.

Hopefully you will be able to see a couple while your in CA.
Have a great trip

Welcome to VAF!

Bruce, welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

I am a bit off your route, but you are welcome to stop by if you want------but I do suspect there are others with 10s that are closer to the Napa area than I am. Let me know if you want to come here, we are about 20 miles east of Sacramento. Airport O61.

Good to have you here.

thanks

thanks for the emails and the threads back. looks like I can look at a few rv10 north of fresno. this is a great site. hope to get to know more of you guys in the future. next fall when I get back from Alaska and to my house in Dubois Wy I was thinking of putting on a fly in dinner for all those that would be interested. we are about 30 min from both Jackson Hole and Cody Wy. Thanks again. Bruce

super cub

I had a Malibu mirage until a two years ago and then I bought a super cub since I was spending so much time in Alaska and the mirage was not getting used enough. I am a commercial fishermen out of Cordova Alaska and my season runs may to September. I usually spend winters in Wyoming and I leave the cub in Alaska. I need a plane down here in the lower 48. As far as I can tell the rv10 will burn half what my Malibu did and still travel just as fast and the maintenance will be a lot less.
I did find a kit that someone started. The tail and the quick build fuselage are together ,quick build wings done and ready to go on, piddles mounted, no finish kit yet and top is not on. My question is if I buy this and then finish do you think I would still qualify to do the matinence on it or would I not quilify because of the 51%.
I don't want to buy something and then not be able to do the annuals, I just don't know how struck they are. Any suggestions please. Thanks bruce

I did find a kit that someone started. The tail and the quick build fuselage are together ,quick build wings done and ready to go on, piddles mounted, no finish kit yet and top is not on. My question is if I buy this and then finish do you think I would still qualify to do the matinence on it or would I not quilify because of the 51%.
I don't want to buy something and then not be able to do the annuals, I just don't know how struck they are. Any suggestions please. Thanks bruce

The kit has to be 51% built by amateurs, not 51% by one individual. Think of it another way. It's a group build, but only one member of the group can get the repairman's certificate.

Make sure you have all the original builders photos and builder's log to substantiate their activities. Then make sure you are very knowledgable about all aspects of the build. The FSDO inspector may start playing twenty questions if they sense you only did the last small percentage of the build. If you can answer the questions, you should be fine.

Bob

Hi Bruce,

From the condition of the kit as you described, I don't see any problem qualifying for the repairman's certificate or the 51 % rule. The -10's have a pile of work to do, even from the QB stage.

BTW, you'll never regret the decision of -10 ownership!

Mine has 500+ hours on it and the fun never ends :)

Best,

thanks

I jusr looked at Jeff Carpenters plane not quite done yet but he is doing an awsome job. I was also able to stop in and see Phil's finished plane. I am diffenitly building a plane. I am now going to drive up to the factory on this trip. You guys are great and I havent meet a pilot yet out of the last 12 years that hasn't been a notch above. thanks guys. I am totally stocked.

Back