What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any Interest in Trutrak EFIS SG?

Noah

Well Known Member
Anybody been following the Trutrak EFIS SG? I missed OSH this year but saw it at Sun N Fun, and waited for a product announcement during OSH (i.e. units shipping and price) but it never came. Nobody even posted about it. Is anybody thinking about one of these units? Since it INCLUDES a TT autopilot, I would think there would be more interest / discussion. I know at one point they had round dials that many people didn't like, but I think the most recent version is configurable with either vertical tapes or round analog looking dials for Alt & AS.

I emailed Trutrak to get the skinny and this is Andrew Barker's reply:
"We are still working on the EFIS, and it should be shipping before the end of the year. We are looking at somewhere around $4000 at this point. Thanks for your interest in the EFIS SG!

Andrew Barker
General Manager
TruTrak Flight Systems
"You build it...We fly it!"
Toll Free: 866-TRUTRAK
www.trutrakap.com

What am I missing - why don't people seem to be considering this unit?

Highest Regards,

Noah Forden
RV-7A Finishing
Rhode Island

Last I talked to them (at SnF) they said it did not "include" autopilot (not for 4k)... in the sense that you'd pay about 8 grand for an EFIS with 2-axis autopilot.. (4k for efis + whatever autopilot costs which is just about another 4k).

Interesting, this is not what I was told. The gentleman there (not Younkin) told me that it would include an AP. When I asked which features, or which model I could compare the embedded autopilot to he said that it would be something in the middle of the range of their capabilities. (Click on autopilot features at):
http://trutrakflightsystems.com/autopilot_info.htm

Anybody else care to weigh in on this?

Highest Regards,

Noah

Aircraft Spruce is listing the TruTrak EFIS in three versions. Price ranges from $1250 w/o GPS to $3750 for the TruTrak EFIS SG - all with January 2008 delivery.

There is confusion on the A/C Spruce website. Under the EFIS listing they show the ADI price of $1250 w/o GPS, $1,400 w/GPS and $3,750 for the EFIS.

It appears the the ADI prices listed should not have been on the page with the EFIS and are unrelated to the EFIS.

RScott
RV-9A Wings

I just read the TruTrak website and when the paragraph labeled "Beyond flyability is ease if operation." mentions an "optional" built in auto-pilot.

It will be interesting to see how the analog read outs scroll. I'm guessing the needle stays horizontal while the gage rolls. It might take a little getting used to.

I'd also like to see an angle of attack indicator added.

Frank

Back