What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any idea what this mount is for?

bmessenger

I'm New Here
On our RV14, we have this mount base on the glare shield. No idea what would fit it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Braden

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 123
It looks to me like a quick-release tripod head to mount a camera. A mating part attaches to the bottom of the camera using the standard 1/4-20 tripod mount hole. Quick and easy to install/remove a camera.

That is a mount that was included in the now discontinued Garmin Virb Ultra 30. It would be very difficult to find a mate I would guess...

That is a mount that was included in the now discontinued Garmin Virb Ultra 30. It would be very difficult to find a mate I would guess...

I knew it looked familiar. I have one of those. It's a great camera; too bad that Garmin discontinued it.

Camera mount

Braden,

I have some Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 cameras and that is indeed one of their mounts that come with the camera. I have all of mine still because I used the Go Pro mounts for more versatility. These do work and are pretty secure, PM me if you need the other half to mount the camera. This is a great camera and takes good video and you can still find these online. Garmin has a new version of the 360 camera that can also Bluetooth to the intercom but it is pricey & don’t know if it could use this mount or not.

The nice thing about this camera is you just turn on the power and then you can stop/start recording with a Garmin EFIS, an Aera 660/760 so you could mount it anywhere in the cockpit. If you have a Bluetooth intercom you can record real time cockpit audio so no need for any cables. The Garmin VIRB edit program can be downloaded onto your computer for editing, clipping, adding music etc.

Back