What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any -12 in Europe? Please help

FlyingArcher

Well Known Member
Fellow -12 builders,

I need your help. I've almost convinced the board of my flying club that the next plane(s) we should acquire/build is the RV-12.
We have a bunch of RVs either flying or in construction in our area, but unfortunately no -12. I don't even think there's any -12 started in France, but I might be wrong.
Now, if anyone knows of an advanced -12 build ANYWHERE in Europe that I could come and show to some board members, that would be a great help and certainly end up with two more kits for France :D
Thanks in advance

Check this out as Keith is pretty well advanced on his build in the UK www.mykitlog.com/grmps

I've just started my wings and I know Jerry Parr who is also on here has pretty much finished his wings

Hope that helps

I started the finish kit.

Joeri, Netherlands (just north of Amsterdam)

Kitlog

Maybe I'll go with my fuselage and the wings to the Texel Fly In.
This fly in will be in september.

Last edited:
Thank you

I was hoping to see more, but I guess it's a bit too early in the RV-12 lifetime.
Anyway, the links you guys provided are very helpful to give an idea to board members.
Joeri, is there a way we could setup a visit to you this summer? Where is the nearest local airport?

Nearest Airport

You are always welcome but I don't speak French ;-)

Nearest airport(s);

EHAM - Amsterdam (30 min) - too expensive for private flights
EHHV - Hilversum (45 min) - 700m grass strip
EHLE - Lelystad (60 min) - 1000m concrete
EHKD - De Kooy (60 min) - 1000+m concrete

Last edited:
Scotland

Bonjour Daniel,

J'ai un brevet de pilotage Francais, mais j'habite Ecosse!

I have completed the airframe, fuselage, canopy, wings, tail and will soon start on the firewall forward. I hope to have the aircraft ready to fly by early August.

You are welcome to visit.

Amities...Keith

Exciting trip

Thanks Keith,

Well, that project might generate an exciting due diligence trip, Netherlands to Scotland is just a hop across a pond :D

Keith,

Do you live anywhere near Aberdeen, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh?
I visit Scotland quite often, would be nice to have a look at your project.
Just a hop of a hour from Amsterdam.

Edinburgh

If going commercial get a flight to Edinburgh. I live 30-40 minutes north of there. Else if flying yourself, go to Perth EGPT (Scone), I'm 30-40 minutes south of there. Feel free to visit. Call or mail first (+44 7785 244146), applies to anyone.

Cheers...Keith

Back