What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Antisplataero wheel bearing modification

jbagley

Well Known Member
The nosewheel bearing modification service works as advertised. Shimmy is gone, ground handling is improved, easier to push / pull the airplane around.

Thanks Allan!

The nosewheel bearing modification service works as advertised. Shimmy is gone, ground handling is improved, easier to push / pull the airplane around.

Thanks Allan!

I see you have your old wheel for sale. So what brand wheel did you send out to have the ball bearings installed in?

I see you have your old wheel for sale. So what brand wheel did you send out to have the ball bearings installed in?

Cleveland. From back when Van's included Cleveland nose wheels in the finishing kit. Allan says they can modify either the Cleveland or Matco wheels no problem, just need to include the axle spacers from Van's.

Cleveland. From back when Van's included Cleveland nose wheels in the finishing kit. Allan says they can modify either the Cleveland or Matco wheels no problem, just need to include the axle spacers from Van's.

I also have the Cleveland on my 6A nose and with the way the bearing is adjusted and the dust seal, I have not felt the need to install the ball bearings. My wheel is very free and has not been a problem.

The Matco wheel is perfect for the ball bearing upgrade.

Back