What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Antisplat

DarylT

Well Known Member
VAF members

I just want to give kudos to the Antisplat team. I have bought many of their products and found them all to be very useful and great quality.

I was replacing my brake pads this week and had to remove my wheels which they had done the main gear bearing mods several years ago. I was one of the first ones. When I went to remove the left wheel it was stuck on the axle so after a few pulls on the tire it popped off and the bearing was stuck on the axle. I called Antisplat and Allen said ship it to him and he would install new and send it right back. I sent that afternoon fedex as I needed the plane for an upcoming trip. He received it the next day and when I got the msg it was received I got a call that it was done and on its way back with new bearings.

Now that is service. This was my first issue with anything I purchased from Antisplat and I sure appreciate the quick turnaround. I already reinstalled the wheel and back in service.

Thank you Allen and James!

The gear bearings mod is one of the most cost and effort-effective things you can do to the stock wheels. Such a pleasure to not have to repack bearings. While you're at it, switch out the 5.00x5s for Aeroclassic 380x150-5s. After more than 300 hours of use, they are showing little wear and you get a wider contact patch which can come in handy on grass strips, in particular.

RV-10 gust lock

I just purchased and installed Allen's gust lock for my 10. It includes a tool now for placing the collar on the control stick column so it's in the right place. initial install was easy and quick. I do find it a bit 'fiddly' to engage the locking pin at the control stick due to the tight tolerance between the stick collar and the stick cradle of the gust lock. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it the more I use it. AirVenture 23 will be the test against any gusty TS that roll through (hopefully not).
I had a make-shift, but effective, modified crutch before finally deciding to purchase this unit from Allen. No pics, sorry.

Back