What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anti Splat Video comng Tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerfTech

Well Known Member
I will have the video up this evening, (with apology) and will re-list our tool in the classifieds. Allan

Allan,

Nice video, and I agree with the shirt. You probably did manage to 'torque' some folks off with it, but hey the truth is the truth.

I must say that my son who is a physics prof at USC (that's the Univ of SC, the real USC) says that a great many entering college freshman couldn't do that math. It should be 5th grade, but only in China I guess.

Just waiting till the end of March to get my baby back from paint, so I can send you my nose wheel.

Torque Wrench

Why wouldn't one set the torque wrench at 70 ft. lbs and attach your tool at 90 degrees to the wrench and torque to 70 ft lbs as required. No calculation is necessary.

Why wouldn't one set the torque wrench at 70 ft. lbs and attach your tool at 90 degrees to the wrench and torque to 70 ft lbs as required. No calculation is necessary.
I am assuming this is an "adapter" for the torque wrench for use in an area that is not necessarily conducive to having the bulky end of the torque wrench directly above the head of the bolt. By using the "adapter" you can maintain the proper torquing of the bolt (applying the .8 multiplier) while getting the business end of the tool out away from the tight area above the bolt head.

Sometimes in the explanation, such as this video has provided, the demonstration is on an easily accessible bolt. Because of this we find ourselves thinking; "why use this tool if you can just put the wrench on the bolt and set the torque to 70 ft/lbs"? Many times we are not able to easily get the business end of the wrench on the bolt that needs torquing, thus the use of the adapter with the appropriate torque ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back