What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anti Splat RV nosewheel bearing mod

Mikebaud

I'm New Here
Patron
I just purchased and installed an Anti Splat nosewheel for my RV-6A. The experience was amazing. Their website showed no wheels available with the core exchange, so I called to ensure it was up to date. Allan was able to ship a modified wheel the next day and I installed it within a few days of my call. The new wheel completely eliiminated all shimmy and the service couldn't have been better.

Awesome mod! I love not having to take the bearings out and repack, clean, etc. Definitely a mod that is absolutely worth it.

Awesome mod! I love not having to take the bearings out and repack, clean, etc. Definitely a mod that is absolutely worth it.
I've done the nose wheel mod, and the main gear mod on my RV-7A. No more shimmy while taxing, even up to 31 knots (per the GPS). I could NEVER go that fast before! Allan has a winning product with these mods.

I'm not quite to the gear stage yet (9A). I was planning on having the mod done for the nose wheel, but not sure about the main gear. Are there the same issues with standard setup on the main gear, or is it less of an issue than for the nose wheel? The mod isn't cheap, so just trying to figure out whether it's worth doing all 3 wheels vs just the nose wheel.

I'm not quite to the gear stage yet (9A). I was planning on having the mod done for the nose wheel, but not sure about the main gear. Are there the same issues with standard setup on the main gear, or is it less of an issue than for the nose wheel? The mod isn't cheap, so just trying to figure out whether it's worth doing all 3 wheels vs just the nose wheel.
I don't think it is as important on the mains but I will eventually do it simply because maintaining the taper bearings is an annoying job to say the least.

I just purchased and installed an Anti Splat nosewheel for my RV-6A. The experience was amazing. Their website showed no wheels available with the core exchange, so I called to ensure it was up to date. Allan was able to ship a modified wheel the next day and I installed it within a few days of my call. The new wheel completely eliiminated all shimmy and the service couldn't have been better.
Ditto.

Back