What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anti servo measurements - help please

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
I have resurrected my Legacy 12 build and am looking for information as to what the correct measurements between the TE of the anti servo tab and the TE of the stabilator should be.
I place the stabilator full up and the trim switch full up and I get a measurement of 9/16".
I place the stabilator full down and the trim switch full down and I get a measurement in excess of one inch.
I need help regarding this issue and hope that someone can tell me where to look in order to resolve it. Thank you all.

I can’t locate the latest PAP on Van’s website, but see page 12 of the latest “Read-Me file”. With the trim in the “takeoff” position and the stabilator in the full up position, the AST gap should be 2”.

https://www.vansaircraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/SV-PRE-SETS-READ-ME-Rev19.pdf

Note - The info in the document above is related to calibrating the pitch trim indicator and take-off position indicator. The info for checking the AST for proper travel deflections is in the PAP as already mentioned.

Back