What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another Wig-Wag Question

Airzen

Well Known Member
Folks,

I have gone through the archives but not able to figure this out myself.

I have a Taxi light and a Landing Light (Standards 100W Duckworks Round) and three switches on the panel (Taxi, Landing, Wig-Wag)

The set up I want is that if Wig-Wag switch is on then it should do Wig-Wag irrespective of the states of the other two switches.

Is there a flasher unit that I can use to do this? (I do not have DPDT switches, so thats not an option).

Perihelion design seemed to have something, but their wiring is non-standard (requires switches to be wired in series).

Any suggestions / recommendations?

Thanks,
Ashish

The heavy duty version of this:

ETHFSS-SP.jpg

ETHDSS-SP

Will do that...

Bonus...all solid state!

Last edited:
The set up I want is that if Wig-Wag switch is on then it should do Wig-Wag irrespective of the states of the other two switches.
My Bob Nuckoll's design operates this way. Thus, for daytime flight I only flip the wig wag switch. You might check to see what flasher number he uses and then wire it per his diagram. I think the flashers can be picked up at most auto parts stores but it's been so long I can't even remember where I got mine.

Addition: I just looked at my paperwork. It appears that Bob Nuckoll's drawings indicate all switches should be on for it to work. However, mine has always worked with just the wig-wag switch on. Perhaps the flasher model sent with the B&C kit changed by the time I purchased it. If I were you, I'd call B&C and let them know what you want. They should know what you need. If you're still having trouble, send me a p.m. and I'll climb under my panel to see if I can find a part # for the flasher unit. My notes indicate they cost about $21. Note also that these flashers will not work with LED or HID bulbs, but it appears you just have the regular halogen for which it should work just fine, since that's what I have too.

Last edited:
Thanks Everyone!

Thanks for the suggestions. Bob Knuckolls's design was perfect for this and here is the modification that I am planning to use:

2cxb22t.png

Suggestions/comments? Any recommendation on Flasher to use?

Thanks,
Ashish

Suggestions/comments? Any recommendation on Flasher to use?

Thanks,
Ashish

Yea, the one above. http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showpost.php?p=727105&postcount=2

-It is all solid state and is not load dependant like the flasher relay.
-If one bulb burns out, it keeps on flashing the other. The flash relay stops.
-It works with only one bulb the flash relay will not without modification.
-It works with HID and LED lights and the flash relay will not without modification.
-In some switch configs, the flash relay requires a diode, this solid state one does not.
-There is no noise from this flasher and it is also electrically quiet.
-They make several versions. Two different power ratings and you can get em with a molex type plug or with pigtails.

I have used one of these ever since switching to HID's and it works great.

There is one advantage to the flasher relay cube however, you can get one at any NAPA store.

Last edited:
Back