What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another Wantabe

MRHARRIS

I'm New Here
Have been lurking about the forum for past year and went to visit a builder (BigJohn)-very impressed with the quality of the RV-12 (and Johns' work)
Have the Colonels OK (Wife) and will be joining your ranks soon.

EXCELLENT. Welcome to the group. You will just be amazed with the kit. And you will not find a better source of information and camaraderie as can be found here on the RV-12 VAF forum. Let us all know your builder number! We all wonder how many kits have been delivered. John's build log is excellent and I would have to award him the silver medal.

Just received confirmation from Van's that I'm number 346 (ordered 01 Feb).
Robert

Last edited:
am kit 240

Hi I am just finishing up the tail kit and have the wing kit on order everything going ok so far. Flint Michigan area here

Sales seem to have really ramped up

As I have watched builder numbers over time, it sure seems as though the sales trajectory was very high in the first week or two after the -12 was released and then leveled off until recently. However, there seems to have been a big jump in sales the past 6 months. Maybe a sign of some recovery in the economy plus those jumping in now that were waiting until a few customer-built planes were actually flying. Lead times seem to reflect this as well. For some of the subkits, they are now longer than some of us early builders experienced. Either way, good for Van's and for the RV-12.

Last edited:
Maybe a sign of some recovery in the economy plus those jumping in now that were waiting until a few customer-built planes were actually flying. Lead times seem to reflect this as well. For some of the subkits, they are now longer than some of us early builders experienced. Either way, good for Van's and for the RV-12.

I believe it has been builders sitting on the side line waiting to make sure the -12 was released/approved by the FAA as an E-LSA kit and that all the the kits were completed.

It's nice to see the numbers growing fast so Vans can recoop their R&D costs. This is their most complete kit by far with tons of engineering costs. Glad to see it is headed towards being a profitable model for the mother ship.

Last edited:
Kit326

Hello, We received our tail kit on Feb. 1st. kit number 326, ready to start tailcone. It is everything as advertised. Don and Kyle Lewis, Jackson Ohio

Back