What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another small milestone

rv9aviator

Well Known Member
I brought home my engine for the RV-9A I'm building. I have waited 2-1/2 years to buy this engine. It is a Lycoming 0-320 150 HP E3D out of a Cherokee 140. A friend of mine owned the plane and had an accident leaving Gastons resort, ending up in the trees. The plane was destroyed but the engine will be fine with a different crank and a few other parts. The insurance had the plane tied up until now because of a lawsuit but was released just recently. The good part is the engine is a factory reman with less than 500 hours on it. My AI tore it down for me and everything seems to be fine and no rust from sitting. The next step is to send the cases off for inspection and whatever work is necessary. I am also sending the cylinders and rods off for inspection and probably have the valves touched up and a new set of rings. My hope is to have a 500 hour engine for under $8,000 if everything works out. Now it's time to order the finish kit. Wahoo!:D

Back