What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another RV-12 has been inspected 10-13-09

JBPILOT

Well Known Member
Got it done this morning without a hitch. Also did my BFR right after that. Was windy, with serious cross-winds. Got thru that also.

Now, back to the airport to see if I can put in all into one piece and wait for better weather to do the first flight.

John Bender

Congrats, John! Need a ride.. hehe. ;)

Good luck with the first flight as well. My RV-8 tail kit is somewhere between here and Van's.

Last edited:
Congrats! I can't wait to start building mine, which means finding the money to start the purchase process which means finding a job and paying the bills that I haven't been able to pay since being unemployed for almost a year now...

I can just taste that first flight.....and it's way too far out right now :(

Hey guys

Thanks, and as for pictures. Like I said, I am putting it back together now. Will have it in one piece I hope in a couple days. I left a lot of things off to make it easier to inspect, which means I need to put it all back now. Will post a few pictures when I get it "done".

John Bender

Hey Steve

Marty came to my airport a couple weeks ago and helped me. I am going to his airport tomorrow to help him back for a day. He'll be ready.

Thanks again to all.

John Bender

John, Marty

I have to take a moment and admire both of you for helping each other out...John especially because you have an itch to fly I'm sure. Good job. You were both always very helpful to me...must be in your blood....a good thing.

Back