What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another RV-10 takes to the air

RONSIM

Well Known Member
Just to get a place in the record book - Pete Krauser's RV-10, N9900M, Serial No. 40020 took to the air yesterday, September 19, 2009. Pete spent 7 years on the project with the usual rivet-bucking help and skills of Bob Holland and Ron Simonton. Test pilot is Ron Simonton and the finishing touches were put on by Rick Gray, whose expert skills took our ugly duckling and produced a Cinderella.

Usual bug chasing (oil leaks, etc.) still allowed for three hours of flying. Airplane performed as advertised. Great machine!

More to follow.

Congratulations Guys. It is a great feeling every time a new rv10 gets off the ground. I am just working on my rear empennage with sb wings on order so I have a lot of work yet ahead of me. It is reports like this that keep me going full speed.

Brian Steeves

20 hours and going well

The airplane flys great and the 20 hours over the last 5 days has gone well. Did 8 hours today --- what a great airplane --- keep building, it is worth it!

Test Pilot Ron Simonton continues with the 40 hour Phase 1 testing of Pete Krausers new RV10. Here's a couple of pics of the RV10 as Ron loads it down for some gross weight testing this past Friday. As you can tell....Ron didn't want any cement getting on the interior.....I'm sure Pete will appreciate that :). Ron reported that the 10 flew just fine with the extra weight on board. He can give you the details but I believe the airplane was just under the 2850 lb gross with full fuel, pilot, 200 lbs of 'cement' passenger, about 360lbs of cement in the back seats, plus some weight in the baggage area. Still within the CG as well.

Pictured below are the loading process and a pic of test pilot Ron Simonton:

Back