What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another Newbie

sjespers

I'm New Here
Another RV-12 assembly has begun. This one is in Sandy, UT. The empennage/tailcone kit and fasteners arrived a couple of days ago. The inventory is complete and assembly started. It is great to be a part of the RV-12 fraternity.

I am living the dream.

Welcome! This is a great place. Check the beginnings of my build log and you will see how I did when I was at your point 15 months ago. I even admit my mistakes and re-ordered parts!

Best of Luck

Good Luck and Welcome. :) Just keep thinking of the day you finally fly your RV-12 and then make it so. :)

Best of Luck in your new adventure. I'm glad to see another RV-12 builder here in Utah. I'm building one up here in Ogden Utah. This forum has saved my butt more than once and has helped me. When building I study the Van's Plans, then hit this forum, and check all the posted Web sites of RV-12 builders. A great community and great advice. There are many RV builders here in Utah, but not many RV-12's that I know of. I think there will be many more before long though.

I've completed my Wings, Flaperons, Tail, Rudder, Anti-Servo Tabs, and Horizontal Stabilator. 275 hours in my builders log so far. Just starting tailcone section of the fuselage. It builds relatively quickly, and I'm continuously amazed at how well things fit. Thank god for Van's planning and CNC machining.

I'd love to see your plane sometime and your welcome anytime to view my efforts if you're up this way.

Back