What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another newbie question

RVAV8ING

I'm New Here
Hello all,

I would like to get started on a 7 but would like to know what substantial changes in the kit have occurred in recent years. Specifically, when reviewing webpages/build logs/builder hints etc, I would like to know what changes may have occurred in the individual kits (tail, wing, etc) that makes some of the data obsolete. Of course, the vast majority of the kit is probably the same, but I'd like to know what has changed recently.

Any specific leads on good "recently kitted" SB websites?

Thanks for any help. I must say that I'm switching brands here and the RV group seems about the friendliest and most tight-knit in the industry.

I must say that I'm switching brands here and the RV group seems about the friendliest and most tight-knit in the industry.

While someone answers your technical question I would like to address your kind comments however, I think adjectives like obsessed, passionate, driven, over bearing aviation nuts would more accurately describe this forum and the creatures that inhabit it. ;)

OH! BTW Nice screen name!

Welcome to VAF

Last edited:
I've feeling that you are worrying somethings you should not. You'll get newest parts and plans when you do your order so why ask question you just did? You'll notice some changes made for your kit, most are very minor, like you have higher degree of preparedness (some parts the early builders had to cut etc. may have been cut for you) if you compare your parts to earlier build planes like www.rvproject.com.

Van's service letters, bulletins and revisions can be found here: http://www.vansaircraft.com/public/notices.htm. Probably a biggest changes since prototype are nose wheel SB (for A-model) and rudder has been changed, but that has happened a long time ago.

Start building -- do not waste your priceless building time for this... :D

Back