What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another New Guy

Randle

Well Known Member
Hello everyone, I have been a VAF stalker for a couple of years and finally have the time and money to invest into an RV-7A of my own. I have assisted on the build of an RV-7A and an RV-10. I am currently working on the empennage and expanding my tool collection when able. I am currently building the Numatx c-frame dimpler and attaching a CP-214 style squeezer to it,
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=73355&highlight=numatx+c-frame
and setting up the shop I just finished building.
Workshop.jpg
[/IMG]
I live out in the middle of nowhere about 30 minutes south of San Antonio, TX so I had no space issues when building a shop big enough that will last me the whole build. So far the wife has been interested and helpful, I just hope that will continue.

Welcome to VAF!

Wesley,
welcome.gif
to VAF.

Good to have you aboard, congrats on getting a photo on the first try:D

Congrats

Congrats on your decision to build and to join VAF.

Lots of great info here. Just don't spend all your time on the internet. Keep banging them rivets. Ask me how I know. 14+ year build. :D

ps my daughter and grandkids just moved from New Mexico to San Antonio so I may be in your neck of the woods some day with my -6.

Hi Wesley, welcome on board

VAF is the number one resource for your brainstorms ! 99% solving them

Probably you're in time to move your front wheel AFT and crush your A :D

check my website building photos, maybe could help

Nice shop! I so want one....Who is the building manufacturer?

Its a Mueller building. We bought the raw iron and welded it up. I looked at the bolt up but after looking at them and talking to owners they are very hard to change during the build if you want something different and they take 3 - 4 weeks to manufacture the kit. I had mine built the way I wanted in less time than that. And I definitely dont keep a snow blower in there, if I need one of those in south Texas, the world is probably coming to an end and the trumpets are sounding in the sky.

Wesley,

It's a little drive but we've got several in our EAA chapter in New Braunfels building RV's including my -7A. You're welcome to come visit most anytime.

Thanks,

And I definitely dont keep a snow blower in there, if I need one of those in south Texas, the world is probably coming to an end and the trumpets are sounding in the sky.

Never say never. Last couple of years they've had worse winters in the DFW area than we've had here in KS. :eek:

Looks like you've got the beginnings of an awesome mancave there, Randle!

Looks like you've got the beginnings of an awesome mancave there, Randle!

It would also make a nice airplane factory if I could keep my vehicles off the jacks. The front axle blew out of my jeep, then the next week the oil pump went out on the car. I have put more oil stains in the concrete than pounded rivets this month. :mad:

Hi Wesley,
Where do you fix planes?? In Pleasanton?
I spend half my life in Jourdanton. Hey, George West is becoming a little RV colony. Two -4s flying. Just learned of good possibility of another coming soon. My neighbor is just finishing his -7 wings & expects his fuse to arrive this week. Another -7 soon to be completed.

You are in a great RV area the New Braunfels, San Marcos & Lockhart colonies.

WELCOME & very much look forward to meeting you.

Cheers,

Atascosa's Not That Far, by Texas Standards

I would feel inhospitable if I didn't at least invite you to the recurring lunch of a great group of RV builders/pilots/wannabes. We meet at noon every Wednesday at Luby's Cafeteria at the corner of Loop 1604 and Blanco Road (on the north side of San Antonio). I am busy right now in the vacation spot of the world (Afghanistan), but I will be back pretty soon and join the group again for RV talk mixed with the occasional unimportant and frivolous stuff. Crowd varies from 6 to 15 people, lots of great builder tips are included from some very knowledgeable folks, and chatty types like me often stay for several hours. Drop in if you are ever in the area. Trust me, you'll know who the guys are. Or ask the Luby's staff to guide you. You'll have fun.

Rick, Thank you for your service!! I hope to see you back here soon pounding rivets. I believe Gene Smith is one of your lunch amigos. Take care & come home.

Sorry for the drift, is always nice to talk to our troops. :)

Best regards,

I would feel inhospitable if I didn't at least invite you to the recurring lunch of a great group of RV builders/pilots/wannabes. We meet at noon every Wednesday at Luby's Cafeteria at the corner of Loop 1604 and Blanco Road (on the north side of San Antonio). I am busy right now in the vacation spot of the world (Afghanistan),

I work at Lackland AFB and just got back from my 3rd tour overseas in April. When I was in Aghanistan, I was stationed at BAF (Beautiful mountains) for half the tour then KAF for the second half. I am very familiar to your situation.

Where do you fix planes?? In Pleasanton?

I work at Lackland AFB, but since I moved here (PCS) in August, I havent found any local FBO's to get back into the swing of things with on the civilian side.

Back