What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another kit for sale slips through my fingers...

tdhanson

Well Known Member
That makes two now. First was just an old kit at a great price. The next one was fairly local (3 hr drive to Redding from Sacramento CA). It was completed and ready for avionics/engine. All the fiberglass was done. I was going to go see it but didn't due to family constraints on my time. Called a day late and it was sale pending. Called back and there was a possibility due to buyer medical issue that it might fall through. A long week later it was confirmed sold to someone down south in Los Angeles area.

Now a long two weeks that I've been moody and depressed. I've been saving for a couple years but something always seems to make a demand of my time and money such as household repairs/upgrades.

Debating whether to wait for another or just buy a kit and start building. Argh.... If that recent buyer finds they have remorse, contact me

How long to build from scratch.... :(

Be carefull

Hi

Just a word of caution....... be very careful buying a part build kit, its only a bargain if it has been built right. We all make mistakes in building........ some really big ones get hidden.

I bought a part built six and only made an offer on it because I knew the builder had scrapped a wing, so the offer took into account the cost of a new wing.

Make sure you get anything you are considering thoroughly checked.

If you build it and fly it ...

If you build it and fly it it will be a pivotal event in your life - you will be changed by the experience - in a very good way. "IF" is the key word here.

Bob Axsom

Back